Spring Cleaning Checklist
Why do we clean in the spring?
Spring marks the end of these long harsh Toronto winters. It’s rainy season, when all of mother nature’s waters wash away the dirt and grime left over after the slushy snow melts down.
Rain and water signify purity and cleanliness – so it’s the perfect time to put effort into purifying and cleaning your home!
Pulling out the rubber gloves and cleaning the bathroom top to bottom might not be your ideal way to spend a rainy Saturday (I’d prefer a book and some tea myself…), but when the following Saturday is bright and sunny you’ll be happy you did!
The best way to keep motivated when you’re lacking energy is to have a checklist.
Even though checking off a simple task like cleaning the back-splash may seem menial, it’s a check of accomplishment that takes you one step closer to your goal.
Surprisingly, it actually does help keep you motivated too! It also ensures you don’t miss any important steps and gives you a starting point if you’re not sure what to tackle.
I’ve created an easy to download Spring Cleaning Checklist to help guide you!
A Few Tips To Get You On Your Way
- Make A Schedule
– you’re halfway there with a checklist!
– read my blog “How To Declutter Your Wardrobe” if you haven’t already!
- Always Clean Top to Bottom
– there’s nothing worse than vacuuming before you clean your counters, then having to re-vacuum!
- Don’t Shortcut
– you’ll regret it later, trust me!
- Move Furniture With Care
– cleaning is important, but not worth scratching your floors!
- Let Spring Cleaning Set A New Standard
– it’s easy to fall back into old habits, but try not to!
Lara Stasiw • Real Estate Agent & Home Design Connoisseur
You made it to the end! THANK YOU!!
If you’re not exceptionally bored by my run-on sentences and bad humour, keep reading!
My other blogs cover topics on Real Estate, Home Design and Decor, as well as the C0mmunity.
For updates on new Blogs, Home Improvement Tips, A Community Spotlight and Real Estate FAQ’s, sign up for my Newsletter! I only send it out once a month.
(Naturally, there is a market update too!)